Friday 30 April 2010

Fabulous flare with fleece

I discovered the stunning knitwear of Sandra Backlund last year whilst researching knitting techniques for a piece of work. This piece is for the SS2010 and would appear to be in 2 ply or cotton, there is a true sense of structure and body awareness in her work. I have always loved knitwear and Sandra's is some of the best I have ever found for its structure and manipulation.
I love working my own fleece and have been using my own alpaca,supplied by a fabulous woman in Cornwall. It is a wonderful fibre to work with, extremely soft, light and very hard wearing. It has very little oil and so can be worked straight from the animal. Felicia at Popham Farm is very helpful and her alpaca are adorable, soft friendly and approachable.

No comments:

Post a Comment